Guide to Filling Out an Indian Departure Form
Are you an Indian Citizen preparing to leave India? If so, you’ll need to fill out an Indian Departure Form. The form can be filled out in English or Hindi. It’s no secret that traveling outside of India can be a bit of a bureaucratic hassle. From obtaining the appropriate visa to filling out the right forms, the process can seem daunting. Here’s a comprehensive guide to a smooth departure to India.
The Indian Departure Form
If you are an Indian citizen traveling abroad, you will need to complete an Indian Departure Form. This form is used to record your travel details and provide information to the authorities. The form consists of three sections:
- Personal Details- in this section you will need to provide your name, date of birth, passport number, and other personal information.
- Travel Details- it will require you to provide details of your flight or voyage, such as the departure and arrival times.
- Contact Details- in the Contact Details section, you will need to provide the contact information of a family member or friend who can be contacted in case of an emergency.
What is Required for Filling the Form?
If you’re an Indian citizen traveling outside of the country, you’ll need to fill out an Indian Departure Form. The form is fairly easy, but there are a few things you’ll need to have handy to complete it accurately.
- The most important thing to have is your passport.
- You’ll need to provide your passport number, as well as the date it was issued and the date it will expire.
- You’ll also need to know your visa status and provide the relevant information. If you have a student or work visa, for example, you’ll need to include the expiration dates and the visa type.
- Other pieces of information you’ll need to provide include your name, address in India, and contact information while abroad.
- You’ll also need to list your occupation and employer’s name and contact information.
- It’s important to provide your Air India Frequent Flyer number (if applicable).
Providing Personal Information and Travel Details on the Form
When completing the Indian Departure Form, you will need to provide personal information and travel details. This includes;
- Your Name
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number
- Other Relevant Information
- Provide the name of the airline you are flying with
- Your flight number
- The departure and arrival airports
- You need to declare the purpose of your trip
- The address and contact information of your destination
Be sure to double-check all the information you provide, as any mistakes could lead to delays or problems during your departure from India. In addition, be sure to list all the countries you have visited in the last six months, as well as all the airports you have passed through in that period. This information is required for immigration purposes.
Tips for Filling out the Form Accurately
The Indian departure form is an important document that needs to be filled out accurately and completely. Here are some tips for ensuring that the form is filled out correctly:
- Start by filling in your personal information, including your name, date of birth, and nationality.
- In the passport section, fill in your passport number and expiration date.
- In the visa section, list the type of visa you are applying for and the purpose of your visit.
- In the final section, provide details about your stay in India such as your expected arrival and departure dates, as well as the city you will be staying in.
- Make sure to sign and date the form when you are finished.
How to Fill out Section II of the Indian Departure Form?
Section II of the Indian Departure Form asks for a variety of information, including your passport number, visa type, expiration date, and details about your airline ticket. Let’s take a closer look at how to complete this section:
- Passport Number- This is self-explanatory—you simply need to enter your passport number.
- Visa Type and Expiration Date- The visa type will be either “tourist” or “business.” As for the expiration date, you’ll need to enter the date that your visa expires. If you don’t have a visa, then you’ll enter “N/A”—or “not applicable.”
- Details About Your Airline Ticket- This includes the ticket number, airline name, and flight date. You’ll also need to enter the departure city and airport.
How to Fill out Section III of the Indian Departure Form?
Section III of the Indian Departure Form deals with your immigration status.
- Enter the type of visa you have. For example, is it a student visa, tourist visa, or work permit? The second part of this field is for you to enter the visa identification number.
- Provide information about any travel that has been made within India in the past two years. You should include all trips to and from India as well as any internal trips within the country. For each trip, you must provide details such as the date of arrival and departure, the purpose of the trip, and the port of entry or exit.
- If you have made any international trips in the past two years, you must also provide information about these trips in section III. This includes details such as your date of arrival and departure, destinations visited and passport numbers used.
This information is vital for verifying your immigration status upon your return to India.
Submitting and Printing the Completed Indian Departure Form
Once you’ve completed the Indian Departure Form, you can submit it online or print it out to take directly to your departure terminal. It’s important to note that if you are submitting the form online, you must provide a valid email address as a confirmation will be emailed to you. If you are printing out the form and taking it with you, make sure that all sections are properly filled in.
Once your Indian Departure Form has been submitted or printed, make sure to keep it with your travel documents for when it needs to be presented at the airport or another departure point. Keep in mind that if any of your information changes during your flight or trip, then you will need to fill out and submit a new Indian Departure Form with the updated details.
Frequently Asked Questions about Filling out an Indian Departure Form
Filling out an Indian Departure Form can be a confusing task, and many people have questions about the process. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions:
- What information do I need to provide? Generally speaking, you will need to provide personal information like your full name and passport number, as well as information about your intended destination and date of departure. You may also need to fill in any additional information that is required for your specific trip, such as visa number or airline details.
- Do I need to submit a copy of my passport? Yes, you will usually be required to submit a copy of your passport when completing an Indian Departure Form. It is important to make sure that this is a clear and legible copy, as this will help to speed up the process.
Is there any way to avoid completing this form? Unfortunately not – it is mandatory for all international Indian citizens departing from the country.
If you are an Indian citizen and will be traveling outside of India, you will need to fill out an Indian Departure Form. The form is used to track the movements of Indian citizens and to ensure that all citizens who are traveling outside of India have the appropriate documentation. The form must be filled out correctly and accurately, and it must be submitted to the appropriate authorities before you depart from India. If you have any questions or concerns about the Indian Departure Form, please consult with a qualified immigration attorney.