Tourists and Visitors Visa
B-2 visa is designed for USA visitors for different reasons other than work, education, and business. This include USA visits for:
- Visiting friends and relatives
- Medical tourism
- Participation in social events
- Participation by amateurs in musical, sports, etc.
- Enrollment in a short recreational course of study that is not for credit toward a degree
Notes: This visa does not require United States sponsor. Change of status is possible in case of any changes during the stay.
Complete the Online Visa Application
- You must complete the online visa application and print the application form confirmation page to bring to your interview.
- Upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160. You must follow photo requirements.
Important Documents for your B-2 Visa (Before your interview)
- The intention to return to a foreign residence
- Financial ability to support oneself during the period of stay requested.
- Home ownership in the home country
- Evidence of work, businesses, or studies to be resumed upon the return to the home country
- Evidence of family members left behind
- Invitation letter from a friend, or relative in the United States showing
Schedule an Interview
While interviews are generally not required for applicants of ages 0-13 and 80+ years old. Ages 14-79 require an interview.
What you should know before your trip:
It is advised that all visitors get health insurance for new and existing conditions, accidents, and death (funeral and repatriation benefits). Below are some of great insurance policies underwritten by CHUBB American Insurance Company.
- CHUBB Accidental Death and dismemberment coverage: Yearly premium with coverage of $25,000, $50,000 or $100,000
- CHUBB Visitor Health Insurance: Depending on age groups, pre-existing conditions, and other factors, there are comprehensive plans and fixed benefit plans to fit every budget, and need.
Click here for more information about B-2 visa requirements, important documents, and application forms.