E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
E-Verify’s most impressive features are its speed and accuracy. E-Verify is the only free, fast, online service of its kind that verifies employees’ data against millions of government records and provides results within as little as three to five seconds. Please go to USCIS website to learn more.
If you’re going to work in the U.S., you will need to have a Visitor Health Insurance. Go to this website to learn why it’s important to have a Visitor Health Insurance. Here you can compare and buy Visitors Health Insurance Plans offered by India Network Services.
Today, E-Verify is:
* Used nationwide by more than 700,000 employers of all sizes
* Used at more than 1.9 million hiring sites
* Joined by about 1,400 new participating companies every week
* One of the federal government’s highest-rated services for customer satisfaction
E-Verify and Form I-9
Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, is the key element of E-Verify’s Internet-based employment eligibility verification. E-Verify compares information the employer enters from Form I-9 to records available to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This electronic verification confirms an employee’s identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Although E-Verify uses information from Form I-9, there are some important differences between Form I-9 and E-Verify requirements.
|Is mandatory||Is voluntary for most businesses|
|Does not require a Social Security number||Requires a Social Security number*|
|Does not require a photo on identity documents (List B)||Requires a photo on identity documents (List B)|
|Must be used to reverify expired employment authorization||MAY NOT be used to reverify expired employment authorization|
E-Verify gives you the peace of mind that newly hired employees are legally authorized to work in the United States.
So what’s the catch? There isn’t one. Employers are already required by law to complete Form I-9 for each newly hired employee, and E-Verify complements Form I-9 by taking employment verification to the next level.
* Works with Form I-9 — uses information provided by the employee
* Secure 24-hour access — anytime, anywhere. No special software required; just a web browser and internet access
* Instant results — most case results display in three to five seconds
* Helps combat document fraud — E-Verify’s photo-matching feature combats document fraud
* User access flexibility — three user roles to choose from; select what the users see and do
* Reporting capability — employers can monitor usage
* Easy to implement — decide your participation location-by-location
* Administrator Tools — Corporate Administrator access method lets employers link and manage their participating worksites
* Interactive training — comprehensive online tutorial, quick reference guides and, manuals
* Alerts employees — E-Verify can alert employees to mismatches in their government records
* Dedicated Customer Service — Personalized assistance by phone or email
Please go to USCIS website to read more information about E-Verification process.
India Network Services is a US-based company that administers visitor health insurance to tourists, students, temporary workers and their families. Visitor medical plans are offered for all age groups (0-99 years old) with both fixed coverage, comprehensive coverage and with pre-existing condition coverage.